All new members must attend an orientation meeting to learn the “rules of the road” before becoming an active member of SkillShare.
This Orientation will be held on Thursday January 20th from 4:00 – 6:00 pm at the Main Boulder Public Library. Click here for directions to the Main Boulder Public Library (1001 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, CO). We’ll meet in the Boulder Creek room – walk in the library front doors and go to the back of the library. Go up the ramp heading north towards Adult Fiction. The Boulder Creek room is off of that corridor.
Please RSVP to Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the first two pages of the Member Enrollment Form. Please also review the other pages of the form and sign them. If you have any questions, please jot them down and we’ll go over them when we meet.
- Please think about what skills you have that you’d like to offer the SkillShare community and of what skills you’d like to request. On our website under the tab Current Services is a listing of Offers and Requests that will help get you thinking about this. Please jot down several offers and requests on this sheet as you will be entering these in live during our meeting so you get some practice using the website.
- If you are comfortable with computers and feel able to, please go to the following website: http://community.timebanks.org/jointb.php?gid=121 to start to create your online profile. Just follow the instructions. If you would rather not do this step on your own, not a problem. We’ll go over how to do it during the meeting.
- Come to the meeting prepared to make your annual contribution to the organization. The important work SkillShare does in strengthening our community is funded entirely by member contributions. We ask that all new members make a $30 annual contribution. If this will be a financial burden to you, we can discuss a lesser amount during our meeting.
- Come to the meeting prepared to have your photo taken for the website. If you dislike the photo taken, you can upload your own preferred photo at a later time.
We look forward to meeting you!