Timebanking & Sharing Economy Events/Boulder Valley
Is it self-sufficiency, sustainability, or emergency preparedness? We are nearing the end of a series of meetings that will discuss the practicalities of a lifestyle without our customary conveniences. ONLINE VIA ZOOM!
WASTE NOT/WANT NOT is this discussion topic, hosted by TimeBank Boulder’s Events Coordinator, Jan DeCourtney. Did your grandparents every use that saying? Jan remembers hearing it repeated over and over in her childhood.
Jan will lead the discussion sharing what she knows. This event is meant to be a sharing by all attendees, with your helpful tips for re-using and recycling things in your own home, finding great ways to purchase items, or getting them for free, and saving money.
Here are some things we can talk about:
* Food items not to throw away; getting optimum nutrition from what we eat
* Using reusables instead of disposables around the house
* Great places or strategies for shopping
* Making use of community resources
* Using the TimeBank more often
Our last, future meeting will be:
1) Community Support in Emergencies: How can we strengthen our community connections now and build a strong mutual support network? This event will happen in January.
Meetings will include some time for the sharing of offers and requests, the heart of TimeBanking.
During a crisis, including a pandemic, community is very important and we encourage all TimeBank Boulder members to attend. Timebank Members pay one Time Dollar to attend this event.
We invite people interested in joining TimeBank Boulder to attend up to 2 of the meetings in this series to see if TimeBanking might be a fit for you. After 2 meetings, we will guide you towards the process of joining our organization. For more information, visit our websites at http://www.timebankbo… and http://www.hourworld…..
Boulder, – USA
Wednesday, November 18 at 6:00 PM