Want help with your spring projects? Want to earn or spend TimeDollars?
Come to SkillShare’s. . .
When: May 15, 2011 from 12:45 – 2:30 pm
Schedule Break Down:
12:30-12:45 – Set Up (Fair Volunteers Only Please) and “Givers” Meeting
12:45 pm – Fair Starts!
1:00-1:30 – Home Improvement Services Offers Featured
1:30 -2:00 – Yard and Garden Services Offers Featured
2:00-2:30 – Summer Lesson Services Offers Featured
Throughout – Yard Sale Items Featured
2:30 – Fair Ends!
2:30-3:00 – Clean Up (Fair Volunteers Only Please)
What: This first time event is an opportunity for members to arrange TimeDollar transactions in person. To go along with our Spring theme, we will be showcasing the following Offer Categories:
|Yard and Garden
|Yard Sale Items (limited)
New and Gently Used Goods
Note: while the focus will be on setting up service transactions, we will have a space for yard sale items, that meet the criteria, to be traded for TimeDollars.
Examples of Allowed Items:
How to Get Involved
1) Enter Your Offer into the Fair
Do you have a skill in the above featured categories that you’d like to share? Please check out the Giver Guidelines to find out how to participate.
2) Attend the Fair and Spend Your TimeDollars!
If you’d like to attend the Fair to purchase services and goods, here’s what you should expect:
- Fun, friends, music, and light refreshments!
- The entire Fair is one hour and 45 minutes; you can attend for the whole time or, if there is a particular service you are interested in, check out the schedule above and come during that designated time. Outside of that designated time, the Givers of the service you are interested may still be available to discuss a transaction or they may not.
- Bring some cash in small bills. Members can request reimbursement for materials in addition to TimeDollars for things that you buy. For example, a potted tomato seedling may cost 2 TimeDollars plus $2 US dollars for materials reimbursement.
- If you purchase items at the Fair, you will be asked to check out before you leave so transactions made at the fair can be recorded and US dollars (cash) collected, when applicable. We will have a laptop set up to record the TimeDollar transaction and we’ll also have a cash box.
- If you discuss a service offering with a Giver and agree to make a transaction, you will leave with a sheet of paper with the details of the trade you agreed upon (exact service, expected date of service, estimated TimeDollar cost, contact information, etc.). Then, it will be up to you and the Giver to follow up with each other to make the trade happen and record TimeDollars exchanged.
3) Volunteer to Help Run the Fair
If you’d like to help us plan, prepare or run the Fair on the day of, please check out the Fair Volunteer Requests.
Questions? Feel free to contact your Neighborhood Coordinator or the Spring TimeDollar Fair Coordinator, Laura McCall, at firstname.lastname@example.org