Are you looking for a community-based way to buy and sell
services and goods this spring using TimeDollars?
Come to SkillShare’s. . .
When: Sunday May 20, 2012 from 3:00-5:00 pm
Schedule Break Down:
2:30-3 pm – Set Up (Fair Volunteers Only Please) and “Givers” Meeting
3:00 pm – Fair Starts!
3:00-4:30 pm – All Featured Services and Goods for Sale
4:00-5:00 pm – Finger foods potluck luncheon available
4:30 pm – prize drawings
5:00 pm – Event Ends!
5:00-5:30 pm – Clean Up (All members welcome to help)
Where: Association for Community Living House – halfway between Boulder and Longmont
5744 N. 71st Street, Longmont, CO 80503
Click here for Map | Click here for Directions
Parking – free and ample parking is available
Carpooling – if you are interested in carpooling to this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What: This event is an opportunity for members to arrange TimeDollar transactions in person. Members can also buy and sell New and Used Goods for TimeDollars. New this year will be on-site member-taught demonstrations!
To go along with the spring theme, we will be showcasing the following Offer Categories:
|Yard & Garden||Home Improvement||Lessons & Education|
|Miscellaneous Services||New & Used Goods for Sale|
||Examples of Allowed Items:
How to Get Involved
1) Enter Your Offer into the Fair
Do you have a skill in the above featured categories that you’d like to share? Please check out the Giver Guidelines to find out how to participate and earn TimeDollars this spring.
2) Attend the Fair and Spend Your TimeDollars!
If you’d like to attend the Fair to purchase services and goods, here’s what you should expect:
- Fun, friends, music, and a light finger food potluck! All members should bring a potluck appetizer-type dish. No soups, casseroles, or anything that can’t be easily picked up and eaten with hands.
- Bring some cash in small bills. Members can request reimbursement for materials in addition to TimeDollars for things that you buy. For example, a hand-thrown clay pot may cost 4 TimeDollars plus $2 US dollars for materials reimbursement.
- If you purchase items at the Fair, you will be asked to check out before you leave so transactions made at the fair can be recorded and US dollars (cash) collected, when applicable. We will have a laptop set up to record the TimeDollar transaction and we’ll also have a cash box.
- If you discuss a service offering with a Giver and agree to make a transaction, you will leave with a sheet of paper with the details of the trade you agreed upon (exact service, expected date of service, estimated TimeDollar cost, contact information, etc.). Then, it will be up to you and the Giver to follow up with each other to make the trade happen and record TimeDollars exchanged.
3) Volunteer to Help Run the Fair
If you’d like to help us plan, prepare or run the Fair on the day of, please check out the Fair Volunteer Requests.
Questions? Feel free to contact your Neighborhood Coordinator or the Spring TimeDollar Fair Coordinator, Laura McCall, at email@example.com