Dear Members, Are you looking for a sustainable, green, alternative-currency way to get ready for the holiday season?
Come to SkillShare’s. . .
When: Sunday November 13, 2011 from 1-3:30 pm
Schedule Break Down:
12:30-1 pm – Set Up (Bazaar Volunteers Only Please) and “Givers” Meeting
1:00 pm – Bazaar Starts!
1:00-2:00 pm – All Featured Services and Goods for Sale
2:00-3:30 pm – Finger foods potluck luncheon available
2:30 pm – prize drawings
3:30 pm – Event Ends!
3:30-4:00 pm – Clean Up (All members welcome to help)
Where: Association for Community Living House – halfway between Boulder and Longmont
5744 N. 71st Street, Longmont, CO 80503
Click here for Map | Click here for Directions
Parking – free and ample parking is available
Carpooling – if you are interested in carpooling to this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What: This event is an opportunity for members to arrange TimeDollar transactions in person. To go along with the holiday theme, we will be showcasing the following Offer Categories:
|Transportation & Errand
|Help at Home
|Health & Wellness
|Lesson & Education
|Sale of New and Used
||Examples of Allowed Items:
How to Get Involved
1) Enter Your Offer into the Bazaar
Do you have a skill in the above featured categories that you’d like to share? Please check out the Giver Guidelines to find out how to participate and earn TimeDollars this holiday season.
2) Attend the Bazaar and Spend Your TimeDollars!
If you’d like to attend the Bazaar to purchase services and goods, here’s what you should expect:
- Fun, friends, music, and a light finger food potluck! All members should bring a potluck appetizer-type dish. No soups, casseroles, or anything that can’t be easily picked up and eaten with hands.
- Bring some cash in small bills. Members can request reimbursement for materials in addition to TimeDollars for things that you buy. For example, a hand-thrown clay pot may cost 4 TimeDollars plus $2 US dollars for materials reimbursement.
- If you purchase items at the Bazaar, you will be asked to check out before you leave so transactions made at the fair can be recorded and US dollars (cash) collected, when applicable. We will have a laptop set up to record the TimeDollar transaction and we’ll also have a cash box.
- If you discuss a service offering with a Giver and agree to make a transaction, you will leave with a sheet of paper with the details of the trade you agreed upon (exact service, expected date of service, estimated TimeDollar cost, contact information, etc.). Then, it will be up to you and the Giver to follow up with each other to make the trade happen and record TimeDollars exchanged.
3) Volunteer to Help Run the Bazaar
If you’d like to help us plan, prepare or run the Bazaar on the day of, please check out the Bazaar Volunteer Requests.
Questions? Feel free to contact your Neighborhood Coordinator or the Holiday TimeDollar Bazaar Coordinator, Laura McCall, at email@example.com